Monday, December 27, 2004

Yippieeee!!!!!!

The title says it all......i am all too excited...
It doesn't require any supernatural powers for guessing the reason....
Am back from a simply superb and amazing ride....on my glittering BIRD.
This is the 1st part of a lsit of a couple more.

Travelers : 3 in number...My frnd...Thakur, myself..and my sweetheart...My Silver Thunder Bird!

Destination : Just for the Sake of it...Murud Janzira...Some 160 odd Kms south of Mumbai on the captivatingly scenic Konkan belt. But finally justifying the tiltle of my Blogs..."Road to Nowhere"...it was the route and not the final stop that was the destination.

The Road Trip : It all started taking shape when my Indore trip got cancelled due to non availability of tickets in any form of Transport...Trains and Buses. ( I don count Airways as a mere means of transport..Its still a luxury for me). That was late Wednesday evening...and early Saturday afternoon I was already on my way to Vashi to pick up my pillion and the 3rd of the Travellers..Rathore.As usual....we got late...or atleast we thought that we did...
Because there was too much stuff missing from our travel kit..(if you can call it a KIT ..that is).
To name a few...I didn't have a helmet...and we did not like the back pack that Rathore had arranged for carrying our stuff.We had a pair of shades to buy...and finally Lunch!
We finished the top three and finally left Vashi railway station at 4 0'clock with some 1900rs ..odd in Cash, a smart back pack...,an old sachtel(my stuff), first of the 500Mls of Thumbs Up,A couple of helmets... cool shades inside them...and hungry Stomachs.

That was 4 in the afternoon..and we were on NH -17 speeding towards Panvel...where we planned to have our Lunch...or snacks(whatever...Basic idea...stuff our stomachs with something).
4.30 we dived into the drive in of the McD's at Panvel...we did a circus stunt there..of just driving thorugh ..and finally decieded to halt there and sit and eat inside. gr888 idea...after a couple of burgers, finger chips...and second round of Colas(mark the second...and keep counting)....we were ready to hit the road again...
So we were off again...after a few directions from the roadside dhaba walas...we set our sites on Pen..the next destination. Suddenly, out of nowhere this Rathore guy starts yelling...that we have not even clicked a foto graph..and we need to stop and all.....I ,after calming myself from the shock that he gave me, stopped in the middle of nowhere for our first Snap.
Reached Pen within time...after another set of directions from the locals...we were en route to Alibag. We originally had decieded that we will be staying in Murud for the nite, but that thought was already vanishing with the fading lite of a cold(????) December evening.
On the way ...we saw one of the wonders of the World, Don know which wonder list it fits into....but it definitely forced me and my buddy to wonder over our combined general knowledge. It basically was a Ispat(Steel) plant, but it proudly endorsed the title of being one of the wonders.Amazing!!!
Reached Alibag at some 15 minutes to 7.headed straite for the Beach...Big mistake.There was a lot of anguish waiting for us...that and more in the next part of the series.

1 comment:

Gaurav said...

Hey man..this is ur pillion!! Yeah..it was a fundoo trip in all respect..and the best part was ..we were not at all exhausted after the trip and were roaming in vashi after touching bombay till 10:00pm!!..
Am still wondering about that "ispat on conveyer belt" thingie..
and yes..to spent night at alibagh was a wise decision..that was unanimous? or mine? or urs?!!!
;-)..i can spoil the story by telling "what happened next"..but i know what u will do to my blog then!!
Cheers...Come up with YIPPEE-2 and 3 soon...