Sunday, May 07, 2006

Ironed Out!

Its Monday tomorrow, though in some parts of the world it already might be, and infact in some other parts of the world it might already have started ending. But I will stick to my own time zone for now – EST. Now one of the drawbacks, I would say, of being part of the corporate way of life is the need to wear formal attire at once workplace.

I say drawback because I simply hate it. I am more of the casual cool dude genre, and the more Jeans and t-shirts kinda guy. And for the last 2 and a half years, I have been waking up every work day a little late on some a little early on others to get into one of those white/blue/gray collars and creased double pleated trousers. Now these creases that I mentioned just now are a cause of quiet a lot of angst for me lately.  Let’s confess I am horrible at ironing clothes in the first place and to take the misery that extra mile I have to make those formals to look all crisp and creased. What a shame!!!

But this land of opportunity has thrown this challenge at me and I sure will crawl my way through it, god bless the spectators of this art form…and me ultimately.

No comments: