Thursday, September 28, 2006

Holiday!

It’s a Thursday and I am sitting at home in the peak office hours. Reason, I am not well you know. This weird NY weather has caught up with me. One fine day it would be chilling winter winds the other bright and sunny and on cusp of breaking a sweat. The ailment per se that I have caught is called “garam – sard” in poetic Hindi. Literally translated “hot - cold”. Sounds fluke, but don’t blame me for the naming conventions. The standards have already been patented by the likes of Munshi Premchand and Mahashweta Devi. Okay that’s all crap! Bottom-line, I am cozily perched up on my sofa typing away on word and my guitar lying right next to me. Bliss!

Holidays are luxury commodities for IT professionals like me. Because although we might just be breaking office chairs while searching weird terms on google during our usual so called busy work day. It’s the number of hours of this chair breaking work that the client pays us for. And so our managers insist that in the spirit of the company we should spend the maximum of our lives in the office, in sickness or health, till death do us part types. I won’t go into the dynamics of how our companies make money and why the client pays us for this high-end work, because that’s way beyond my comprehension.

Back on track, what’s the POA for today? For the ignorant POA stands for Plan of Action. First and foremost lots of rest, lest I forget I am on a sick leave. Then there’s this guitar tutorial that I have bought, couple of chapters to be covered in that. Write a blog.Well I am already writing one so that’s taken care of. Cook a nice lunch, afternoon tea, a nap may be. Basically chill.

And that’s an FYI. Go figure that out for yourselves.

No comments: