Thursday, March 22, 2007

Settling Expenses!

Have been settling down in life for the last couple of weeks...and should be almost complete by this saturday when the futon, tables and bar stools are delievered and assembled in my apartment.Almost ,because as any other money consuming activity its ongoing and never seems to end. So now the settling down expense stands roughly at 1000+ $'s including the TV, the other futon and the above mentioned 3 items. Now I could have got away with all that expense, the entire thing, if I had just opted for the demeaning option. Now the demeaning part is a figmnet of my beloved wife and my buddy Rathore's imaginations. I call it a grant.In the US they have this concept of dumping most if not all of your belongings minus the clothes, when you are moving to a newer place. Its sound logic because the moving expenses are far greater than buying the whole stuff afresh, not to mention the hard physical labor associated with. Mind you the hired help here is astronomically costly. So they dump it in and around the dust bins and every now and then the dustbins become virtual megastores of all you can pick without the hassel of paying for it.Now whats wrong with it. You wan't it , they don't. Perfectly simple equation. Apparently not because there's some stupid thing called human pride that comes into the picture. Damn the philosophers for inventing these stupid concepts.
But I extract my revenge by keeping the TV on for the entire humanly possible time and once the TV shuts off, I am on the futon sleeping my way to glory. Take that for pride!!

PS: Well I do secretly love to use all the new stuff. But thats only when I have the temporal amnesia and I can't remember that they all cost me.

No comments: