Friday, September 28, 2007

Guitar Heaven!!

The kit is complete. And its high time for the Iron Maidens and Metallicas of this world to stand in awe at the total destruction of their concentrated efforts at greatness. And right about now is when you chip in and say, no dude, why would you say that you'll destroy there music, you play darn well. And I'll give a sheepish grin and say, Well If you say so, because I really don't think I am much of a player. And we live happily ever after with you immune to my playing and I blissful in my ignorance.

Alas, If everything would be that simple,ow beautiful the world would be. But it is not, because NO you are not immune from my playing and YES I am still blissful in my ignorance. I will keep nibbling at your psyche with my attempts on Youtube one song at a time. And if you end up banishing the internet completely, I will hunt you down to the ends of this earth and solar system, my guitar and amps and all in tug, and make you sit and listen to it. And just when you though it was over, I would break that final frontier and make you head bang to it. All this pessimism is the result of my efforts with the kit yesterday night. If just one session could conjure up such reactions, imagine a whole weekend at that. I myself shudder even at the thought. Let us not be self loathsome now and head straight into narcissism. Over the duration of last couple of weeks I have amassed an Epiphone Les Paul Special II electric guitar, a 15 W Epiphone Amp, a couple dozen picks of varied thickness, a Digitech RP150 processor, a headphone so I could listen myself deaf to the combined madness of the aforementioned gear and a good couple of miles of instrument cable so I can trip and re-trip on them everytime I try to move in my apartment. My wife has completely denied from being in the same room as me with the gear and every now and then just throws in the dinner and other assorted food items to my face from the tiny opening in the door. Food , Guitar and me, in no specific order. Bliss!

PS: babe, can you throw-in that bag of chips and some chunky salsa!!

No comments: