Sunday, June 12, 2005

Chennai Monologue...

Its been a long time since me doing any activity on this big and bad blogworld. Work pressure ...or my lethargy whatever you call it, can be held in court for it.

but now that I am actually writing somethin....lets get back to the why's of it.
Firstly, as the title suggests...its something to do with Chennai....infact the root cause and the sole reason for this blog is Chennai. Now this blog is being written from a huge office building sparsely occupied by people as of now...me being one of the fateful occupants.

Secondly....the word monolgue doesn't mean that Chennai is speaking something to you....because that is what is the literal meaning of a monologue (don argue...cause i looked it up in a dictionary)...but it is there because the combination rhymes with the famed theatre act....Vagina Monologues which sounds really sleezy...and since its my blog...I deciede what it is called.

So it must be obvious by now that I am in a twilight zone.
There is a long story in the hindsite......and let it remain one.
Chennai.....land of THE LADY.State capital of Tamil Nadu. This being my first visit to the place...i have tried not to come with any assumptions and apprehensions. But these comments its damn hot, its sticky , you can't communicate there....are still ringing in my ears. And all the 3 comments have proved to be true. And have further strengthened my unwillingness to visit south indian destinations.
Temperatures ranging in mid 40s and humidity that could make Mumbai look like a hill station.
The best part I am alien to the people here....They don understand what I speak and neither do I understand their language. Got the first glimpse of it the moment I stepped out of the airport. and later on when I tried to board a rickshaw to reach my office. and will keep having these experiences till the time I am here. Its really frustrating and even funny at times.
I will be staying here till Wednesday morning....and I hope to see a couple of places...at the least the famed Marina Beach. I also seem to have found some mumbaite company at my place of stay. Looking forward for a evening out with them today.

Its now time for me to go back to my twilight zone......in the dilapidated world of software.
So long.....

No comments: