Tuesday, October 25, 2005

let there be Rock...

Music is my life, now how cliche is this line. Hundreds of people keep repeating this line over and over again, at various forums small and large. But then music is something which touches every single person in various different ways.

The whole connection perhaps ,between music and the being ,lies in the inherent rhythm of the universe. So much for philosophy and science. For me music is something that gives me immense pleasure. And then i am not just an amateur listener so to say, who would listen to any and everything that comes across once ears. I have some very specific and almost weird (as most of the people say) tastes in music. I am a major Rock and Metal freak and I equally appreciate the indian classical music.how weird is that??

I think the weirdness in my music tastes is got something to do with my parental roots. My dad is a very good classical singer and in addition posses an immense knowledge of the art. I have been brought up listening to Kumar Gandharv's and Pandit Ravishankar's, marathi natya sangeet and the likes. Rock n roll stands out as an obvious abbretion in this otherwise sublime picture. But then like any adoloscent I am not supposed to like what my parents like, so it was that I took to Rock. I still very clearly remember the day I brought my first cassette of rock music, On a day Like today -- Bryan Adams.Today I can almost laugh at the thought of calling Bryan Adams as Rock music. But that s where I started and to this day Bryan Adams remains one of my favorite singers. From Bryan Adams to Mettalica to Rage Against the Machine to Iron Maiden and what not, I have come quiet a long way. Life catches up, and the music of my childhood has lately started to attract me. So much so that I actually sit and ask my dad about it.And to see the happines in his eyes when he tells me about his greatest passion is a real joy.
I was not supposed to write all this, I had started writing this piece to introduce my newest passion in music AC/DC, yes the 70's and 80's big time Rock n Roll band.I have never heard them before, but on the sake of reputation I picked up a DVD of close to 40 videos songs candidly named the home videos. And yes they are too good. So in the words of AC/DC "let there be Rock...."

No comments: