Sunday, December 10, 2006

Four Leaf Clover...

Listening to No Leaf Clover, original composition by Metallica, re-recorded on acoustic by none other than yours faithfully. The daring feat was performed on a late Friday night a couple of days ago. Since the time I have started to learn this amazing instrument known as the guitar, I have always wanted to play these insane riffs, and now to be able to pluck at least a few of them is quiet a high for me. And I am such a self obsessed guy, and a proud one at that, that although I have shared one of these recordings with a few of my friends, I would prefer to keep all the others as a private collection. Its quiet a kick when someone praises you, but then its kinda silly, if you need someone else’s praise to recognize you. So although I may not practice the above statement to the core, it’s still the thoughts that matter, don’t they??

On other fronts, finished watching Doogie Howser, M.D., kinda old TV show, one of my favorites from my Star TV crazy days, when it used to be purely in English. For the ignorant it’s a story about a teenage prodigy, a genius, so to say doctor and his brushes with childhood, adolescence and maturity. I liked it a lot back then and I still stand by my choice.

I am heading towards a big milestone in life, and everything seems to bending towards it right now, it’s a countdown to extinction as I like to state it. It sounds sort of cool, primarily and secondly its partially true, my single status is an endangered species right now and there are no chances of preserving it, the damage has been done and there s no saving it. I might sound that I am fretting about it but I am actually not. It would be a new beginning, a clean slate and 2 sets of hands to write on it.

PS: Trying to play Seek & Destroy, another Metallica classic.

No comments: