Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Observe

After reading umpteen blogs, I have finally come to a conclusion and thus the reason for the infrequency of my blogs. I don't observe enough. I just don't notice things happening around me.That and a copious amount of laziness. yupp, thats about it.I degress though, people on the other hand have mastered the art of observing and taken it many a nothches higher by adding the garnish of their imaginations on it and keybording it down into some darn funny blogs. I have always considered myself a "funny guy" per se and it really hurts my ego to know that my capability of tormenting people with my raunchy humour is being laid to waste just by the virtue of my being non observent. shame on me. So off I go about denouncing myself and dusting out those non - observent eye glasses of mine.

I observe so I blog :

1) That I can time how late I am for work by observing the clock. No that would have been a horrible PJ. Actually I can time it by observing the position(you pervert!!), ok distance of a fine young lady from the PATH station. Of I catch her at the entrance I am spot on time, if on the outside steps then I will be missing that 3rd bagel from the street vendor, if while crossing the road then there goes my 7th position in the line for the office coffee machine...so on and so forth. And okay, I am obsessed with food.

2) That just today I saw a guy tearing out a small piece of paper from the road side flyer for writing a number. Buddy haven't you stolen enough post-its and spiral notebooks from the office stationary room to start a dollar store of your own. Its a piece of marketing dammit , don't treat it as your personal stationary.

3) That the steel rimmed shades that I have been much proudly donning lately are favoured more by the opposite sex. I have spotted atleast 7 different ladies sporting them. I stopped counting thereafter just out of shame.

4) That more often than not, I end up having a walkathon with my fellow un-suspecting commuters who are merely crawling to and from their way home. And I treat it as a personal challenge if a person walks past and ahead of me, promptly overtaking him even if I have to make a dash for it, thereby re-establishing my supremacy on all people walking.

5) And now to epitomize by observing qualities, it has come to my notice that lack of a keen eye on my part is solely attributed to the blackberry that dangles from my belt, which more often than not is in my hands with my eyes fixated on it reading the antics of one Mr Jason Bourne in Honk Kong and thereby vanchiting (pardon the parallel slaughter of 2 great languages here) me from the amazing experiences of the NY subway.

PS : All the people who don't use the NY subway have real dull lives.

No comments: