Friday, August 03, 2007

Bard and Bryan.

In my perennial hunt for the weird on the net and the world in general, I came across this. Its added on my personalized google page as a daily dose of Shakespearean Insults. I sincerely do not understand 99% of them , but then an insult is not meant to be understood in the first place rather its meant to be thrown at you in disgust and its supposed to hurt you. I quote the Bard :

"Thou caluminous dismal-dreaming flirt-gill!"

Now it doesn't sound that bad does it, nothing that could make your blood boil and seep out of your ears in the form of molten lava. Thats the beauty of language. Whats one linguists heaven could be the others hell ,so on and so forth.

Speaking of another kind of language, the language of music. I am off to a Bryan Adams concert tomorrow night. As it happens to be the case ,my first post on this blog was inspired by a Bryan Adams number. So all the madness on this blog over the last 2 something years could simply be blamed on him. Looking forward to having a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bard could sound lyrical even in his insults( I like this one: Assume a virtue, if you have it not-Hamlet)
and some people may find Bryan Adams insulting enough :)(not me though)

Highwayman said...

@prachi

Good to know that someone actually reads this space.And bryan adams is no insult for me too. I kinda like him.